Ram's Head Theatrical Society's
Auditions January 5-7, Callbacks January 8-9
Audition form can also be found at bit.ly/hairsprayauditions
Week 1: Casting
Week 2: Initial Read-through (Sunday), Regular Rehearsals start Monday
Weeks 3-10: Regular Rehearsals
All cast required for set build
Week 1: Load-in
Week 2: Tech and Opening
End of weeks 2 and 3: Shows and Strike
What should I prepare for my audition?
- A song/excerpt of 30-60 seconds, to be performed a cappella (musical theatre ideal; songs from Hairspray discouraged)
Do I have to be able to sing to be in Hairspray?
- We will be casting actor-singers as well a dance ensemble. You can audition for both the acting-singing ensemble and the dance ensemble.
What will the general time commitment be like for the Hairspray cast?
- Rehearsals will likely take place Mon-Thurs evenings and on Sundays throughout winter quarter
- Rehearsals will be almost nightly during the first two weeks of spring quarter (load-in, tech, and opening)
- Cast will be required to complete build and publicity hours throughout winter quarter, as well as a full time commitment during Spring Break
Can I audition for and/or be cast in other shows during winter and spring quarters?
- It is impossible to commit to both Hairspray and the TAPS winter shows (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and Hamlet)
- It is also impossible to commit to both Hairspray and Evita. You may audition for both in week 1 of winter quarter, but you will need to rank your preference upon auditioning.
- It is impossible to commit to both Hairspray and Mirror Image.
- You must disclose all other shows and commitments on your audition forms.
- If cast in Hairspray, you must discuss with your director and producer before auditioning for anything else.
Other questions? Contact stage manager Stephanie Sapp at ssapp at stanford dot edu.